Msc in “Clinical and Industrial Pharmacology – Clinical Toxicology”
Degree of Postgraduate studies Msc in “Clinical and Industrial Pharmacology – Clinical Toxicology”
Full-time 3 Semesters, 90 ECTS.
Language of Instruction: Only in Greek
A full academic year is equivalent to 60 ECTS units and each semester to 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) (1 ECTS=25-30 hours). Compliance with the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) regulations started tin 2007, when the Greek Legislation was harmonized with the relevant European one (Ministerial Decision No F5/89656/Β3, art. 1-3, Hellenic Government Gazette No 1466/2007/Β).
PTYCHIO (Degree from University in Greece, from a recognized foreign institution of equivalent status, from a Technological Education Institute).
This Postgraduate Degree programme accepts graduates of:
- Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Molecular Biology – Genetics and Nursing in Greece or equivalent recognized institutions abroad.
- Also accepts graduates: of Technological Education Institutes: with degrees in Nursing or other Healthcare Professions in Greece or equivalent recognized Institutions abroad, with proven relevant professional experience, after C.V. evaluation and interview.
Requirements and program objectives:
To obtain their degree from the MSc Studies Program: “Clinical and Industrial Pharmacology – Clinical Toxicology” School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, postgraduate students have to attend and successfully complete 13 compulsory courses, which correspond to 60 ECTS and compose and successfully defend their Postgraduate Thesis which corresponds to 30 ECTS. (Hellenic Government Gazette No Β/2805-22/12/2015).
The program objectives are:
- The specialized and in-depth theoretical training of postgraduate students in one of the three offered scientific disciplines (Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Medicine, Industrial Pharmacology and Clinical Toxicology).
- The active and multifaceted participation of postgraduate students in the discipline of their interest and subsequent professional engagement in research, in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in clinical practice
- The formal and structured participating of postgraduate students in research activities and thesis composition and defense.
Graduates of the MSc Studies Program: ”Clinical and Industrial Pharmacology – Clinical Toxicology” are expected to know, understand and be able to apply principles of the scientific disciplines taught in the program (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics, toxigenomics, design and conducting of pharmacological studies, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, pharmaceutical marketing, management of pharmaceutical companies, drug pricing, compensation negotiation with insurers and regulatory agencies, etc.) in their professional activities.
- Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Medicine is a medical specialty whose scope includes improving patient care by promoting the safer and more effective use of medicines and the provision of services, such as medicine information, prescribed medicines analysis, monitoring of medicine abuse and advice on the experimental design of clinical studies.
- Industrial Pharmacology examines how the pharmaceutical industry works and how it is involved in all processes related to the development, licensing, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Clinical Toxicology is scientific field discipline closely related to Clinical Pharmacology in many EU countries. Its scope includes the prevention, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of diseases or poisonings caused by intended or unintended and unnecessary use of medicines and poisons or toxins.